Monday, March 17, 2008

Parades

It's a Monday, and spring break, here at concert central. No one else is here, and I feel distinctly annoyed that I have to be here. Like maybe my boss is just trying to torture me. Maybe.

Yesterday was a day of parades-- the one with the palm branches into Jerusalem, and the one for the Irish immigrants. I liked it, but had to fight momentary brattiness, after church, that is. It was an intense day of singing, and I had to do a lot of inner-motivating to get myself out onto Charles Street for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I'm really glad I went, it being the one day of the year you can openly quaff gallons of alcohol standing out on the street. I only had a beer and an Irish coffee, but it felt really good anyway.

We stumbled home to do laundry and catch up on our HBO series, having no energy left for much else.

No comments: