Saturday, March 28, 2009

Today

Last night, we went to MyThai, and of course my mouth was burning for hours. It was SO good, though. The grilled beef salad makes me want to slap my ex-wife. Worth the burning mouth by far.

Then a few of my favorites dropped in, and by midnight, the wine had been drunk and all the problems of the world had been solved, and then I remembered I had to get up early this morning. Oy.

Driving to Washington is never the best of fun, but wow, today I wasn't in the mood. But G. and I got a lot done, and I sang through "Donde lieta" for the first time ever with proper accompaniment. I'm telling you I think I am in love.

I went to work tonight wearing leggings and and attitude to match: kind of daring anyone to think I'm tacky. Working weekend concerts can be a real drag, so they're lucky I show up-- leggings or no. Coming home in the rain, I thought my purse was getting ruined, so that was stressful, and of course, since Joe is in New York, I couldn't beg him to come and get me. I am a baby sometimes, but it has been a long day. You wouldn't believe how I perked up, though, when I remembered that The Sex and the City movie was on HBO tonight. How lovely, I thought, it's the perfect way to end the week: I'll sit on the couch in my leggings watching the fabulous four and cry. And it has been. I wanted to open this bottle of champagne we have in the fridge, but all alone, being forced to drink the entire bottle, well...it's not prudent. Because, of course, champagne doesn't keep.

Oh about this time of night I could cut loose on all the leftovers in the fridge, but remembering that my cousin is getting married next week in Florida, and it would be good if I didn't look like a cow, I'm endeavoring to exercize restraint. The good news is: I don't have to sing wearing a bikini, yes, that's very good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having just watched West Side Story at our mother's house, I suggest singing Make of our Hearts One Heart. Because we all know that isn't sappy at all...

Grace

PS

Back in Chi City now. Miss your shit already.