Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another Tuesday post

I had the most wonderful weekend in recent memory! It was great to have my family here, in my house, and I got to cook for them, and my very closest posse all gathered to help me not be at all depressed, but instead exceedingly happy for the start of a new decade. I can't believe I just said posse.

At any rate, I was determined to start my birthday off right, so first thing, we got up and went to the gym and pounded away on the treadmill. It was absolutely nothing short of cathartic, and didn't hurt that Real Housewives of NJ was on too while I was kicking my own ass. As I walked home, hand in hand with my equally sweaty husband, I was overwhelmed with the sense that since 20-30 had been so wonderful, so full of exciting events, not so exciting events, a TON of personal growth, and several big dreams coming true, the next ten years are bound to be even better. So, maybe it was the endorphins, but I was feeling pretty positive about the day from the very start. Not to mention that my fingernails had been manicured the night before with a shocking shade of red (Chanel Dragon), and that's enough to boost anyone's mood. I have never understood those who don't take the time to spruce themselves up a bit, since even the smallest detail can have such an effect on your psyche. I've always said that I'm the one who has to look at myself in the mirror, and I just feel a whole lot better if I've taken the time to ensure that things are looking good. Thus preventing a lot of internal drama every time I walk by a mirror.

One thing I will remember best about this weekend is that I laughed and laughed and laughed. I almost didn't stop laughing the whole damn time. Between Aunt Becky, Allison, Stu, Brent, my good friend Pinot Grigio, and well EVERYONE, it was non-stop entertainment. Even the one or two icky things that happened were really non-events.

The one mistake I made this weekend was not getting subs for my church jobs-- they both proved to be rather stressful, and when I got home, everyone had left...and the house was SO quiet. Not that quiet is a bad thing... and there were lots of left-overs and open bottles of wine in the fridge.

No comments: