Saturday, February 06, 2010

Saturday: Snowed in

This is the worst storm I have ever seen, and that's saying something, since I spent my formative years in the snow belt of the midwest. I am worried about everyone out there who may not have everything they need, or may be without power.

I am safe, and happy-- I just made this ridiculous cinnamon/butter/sugar thing, and I have Mr. Pete, the fluffiest cat in the word, on my lap. Joe is out walking around in the snow, and it is my first break since Thursday from the endless weather channel-watching.

Yes, plans get screwed up, but sometimes its nice to be reminded that there are things that are simply beyond our control. There's a odd sense of freedom in that. You can just sit back and let the universe take control.

Now, I might not be so zen if my cable goes out, but hey.

No comments: