Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday

I've been saying for a couple weeks now that I need to go to a sweat lodge and be cleansed by a shaman or something after a year of a lot of weird stuff happening. The experiences are forcing me, however, to really think about what I'm supposed to be learning from all this.

Passover and Holy Week come at a good time for a little healthy commiserating. It's lovely to have an excuse sometimes to just grieve a little. I don't know about you, but I've been using up about 75% of my energy just trying to have a good attitude and proceed with life as usual.

Not that I can really identify in any real way with what it might be like to be enslaved for 400 years or to be ridiculed, beaten, and crucified, but wouldn't it just suck if our religions tried to pretend nothing bad ever happens?

So I am going to let the whole sense of Good Friday sink in a little. It's gray outside and it seems right.

It's kind of nice to know, though, and remember that the whole point is, both stories turn out really well in the end.

2 comments:

JRD said...

Lovely post, as usual.

JRD said...

Lovelu post. As usual.