Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oh my gosh, it's Fat Tuesday

Soundtrack while walking/dancing swiftly to work: Fergie

I was walking swiftly because I am trying to burn lots of calories. And I must admit after that amazing yoga class last night, my hips feel so loose, I was swinging them provocatively, basically dancing down the street like a lunatic. Sometimes Fergie really hits the spot.

My aria coaching (Mi tradi, etc.) with the conductor went better than I had hoped. I was a bit concerned, because my church jobs on Sunday morning tire me out so, and the idea that I would not be well-rested when singing these arias for the conductor for the first time (and they are so scary to begin with) was a little bit of a freak-out. But I put my big opera-singer girl panties on and just walked in and did it. It was so much fun. And while I still have plenty of work to do, I feel like I can do it. And unlike last time, I will not lose sleep.

Tonight, instead of drinking like a fish to celebrate the night before Lent (which also sounds very appealing), I'll be going to my voice lesson. I am so excited to listen to music and memorize as I drive.

That being said, I am certainly hoping you are all on Pinterest. I think it might be the number one most fun thing ever. I'm thinking about starting one for this blog, just to make it even more ridiculous than it already is...adding Pioneer Woman must-have recipes, quotable quotes, fabulous outfits, and the like!

No comments: