Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I've missed you!

Hello, blog.

I've been away for several weeks-- not as a planned thing, really, but just because I didn't feel inspired to write.  None of you want me to just write bullhockey that I don't care about, so I thought it would be best to just take a break!

I went to the beach with good friends, family, had a great Fourth of July, caught a cold, consequently had a singing disaster, got better, got a call, and all of a sudden tonight I've got a last minute audition for a role I really want.  Life is so exciting-- the only thing you know for sure is that everything is changing all the time.  Out with the old, in with the new.  Regeneration station!

At the moment it is darned hot here in Charm City!  I love auditioning, as you well know, and I'm so THERE tonight, but it does seem a little bit wrong that anyone should be asked to do anything other than sit by a pool when the weather is like 104 or something.

I spoke with my teacher last night in preparation for the audition-- for which they asked me to learn some substantial excerpts, in about 24 hours.  Major lesson learned from this?

If you believe you will sing a role, it is really right for you, LEARN THE WHOLE THING!!! Then you're ready when they call!

No comments: