Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tuesday

Well, dear readers, I come to you on the most important Tuesday in years, with nothing terribly important to say.

Sunday, we had our first orchestra rehearsal for Boheme, and I was SO nervous!! Both casts were there, and it was another one of those things where you just sit and listen to each other, and know that evaluations are being made. But wow. The Mimis are FABULOUS. I get so excited when I hear such beautiful, slender, controlled singing that also has some heft. Cuz folks-- I've had my fill of the over-darkening and the wobbles. The Musettas aren't too bad either, if I do say so myself! I got the news last night that we lost a Rodolfo to a much bigger, more prestigious gig. Which was a blow, because I happen to like this gentleman very much (he gave me a couple of lovely compliments at the rehearsal, so he is my new best friend), but never fear-- we've got one left. So we're okay....

I did okay-- except that the Marcello wasn't able to be there, and since I take many of my lines from him, it was a counting extravaganza instead of being able to just sing. I really hate counting. Yes, I just said it. I'm nervous for him, though, when he arrives-- there's so much ensemble coordinating necessary. Also not having him around to play off of is tough.

Tonight, I'm working a concert, and will then rush home to watch the results of this election come in. I have a really good feeling, but as they always say-- it's not over til it's over.

No comments: