Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wishing for snow

I really would like some snow, please. Because it would be so great.

Tonight, we are going out to dinner for the first time since, well, forever! I feel like I have lost my fabulosity...has it come off and fallen in an opera-shaped hole? Or is it all because I haven't got any money? Probably both. I remember when I used to get a manicure every week and a pedicure every two, and go dancing, and out for drinks non-stop. Oh the fun and drama! But it wasn't doing much for my goals...and I certainly didn't have the love and gorgeous apartment in my life that I do now. Things are good!

This weekend, I have an audition for a part I may or may not be really right for...but I think I should try! It would be fabulous on my resume, and make sense with all the other new additions from this year. The problem is always that singing a piece from the show seems to be what everyone wants you to do these days, but I am reluctant to sing something with which I am less than perfectly prepared and at which I am absolutely fabulous. So, the old stand-bys will have to do, and we'll see what happens. I do have a piece from the opera, in the dug out just in case. But I wouldn't dare start with it. It is painfully touchy at times, and at least until I settle in with it. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that everyone hates it. :)

No comments: