Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday: more from your girl

I went back to work today for real, which is a good thing. I have never been the type that does particularly well with a lot of free time. I start to melt down if I feel unproductive.

Of course, foremost in my mind right now is my next gig-- the Merkin Hall premier of Keith Kramer's new song cycle in New York City. I'm excited and flattered to report that he's writing it just for me! I haven't seen a score yet, though, and I'm anxious to get my hands on something to start learning pitches and rhythms.

In the meantime, there is the remaining recording session for audition season, a cabaret, rehearsals for the High Holidays, and a little recital to keep me busy. I am desperate for a lesson, to help me get my floppy vocal musculature back into shape after oral surgery. Good thing I've got one today. Geez.

In other news, ebay has been good to me, and I found a gown for the NYC concert for around 30 bucks that rocks my world. I think I'm addicted. Yikes.

No comments: