Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday

I've never had to work so hard in my life. Last night was a little concert of musical theater and some operetta for a crowd who were less than familiar with my whole thing that I do-- that is, classical singing. Don't get me wrong, I had my chest mix (okay, sometimes open chest voice, people, I admit it) going and I think I actually sounded rather convincing. They were a tough crowd. Judging by the sweet compliments I got after, I'm pretty sure most of them liked me, but a good 30% were just not feeling it. It's interesting how easy it is to feel that energy in a room. Hey, what can I say...I did my job, I did what I got hired to do pretty darn well, and now, I am very TIRED.

One discovery that has me very excited, and I can't believe I didn't think of this before...the SPRING HAUTE COUTURE COLLECTIONS are all on youtube!

The perfect thing for a tired opera singer cum musical theater siren who is also going to need something to do next week when she gets her wisdom teeth taken out. Just to really put things into perspective, my fee for last night could probably buy me a half a shoe from said shows. But I did have a good time singing "I could have danced all night."

I think I'll watch Chanel 2010 now...right after I cash this check.

No comments: