Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Last night

The performance of de Falla's Psyché went so well last night!  It was an exhilarating experience, and I feel lucky to have worked with that caliber of musicians!  At intermission, something else rather transformational occurred-- I had my first salted caramel bacon cupcake.  People, I kid you not, I will never be the same.  Joe and I looked at each other, and said at the same time "I want these for my birthday!"  That's how good they are.  Just unreal!

As if the night wasn't wonderful enough-- the final piece on the program was Brahms' Sextet No. 2, which I had heard of, but had never heard.  Stunning.  Absolutely fantastical-- so go listen to it!!

There is something so special about a concert like last night's.  It felt like there was a lot of love in the room...because we were all there for the right reasons, playing music we felt strongly about.  After some bad news yesterday, it was a little tough for me to get myself together for last night.  But then I thought, when bad things happen, it makes us think about what is really important to us.  So instead of worrying about how I could have the energy and presence of mind to give a good performance, I focused on losing myself in what I love best, and the joy and comfort that music brings.  Hopefully some of it came through to the audience.

No comments: