Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back to reality

WOW. Where do I begin??? The most fabulous 2 weeks of my life have come and gone. What fun it all was-- the wedding, Maui, and now we're moving into our new place!

And I have one thing to say: all the drama, the hard work, and the hot-gluing was 100% worth it. Never let anyone tell you it isn't. I had the absolute BEST time, and people have such an amazing way of coming through for you and stepping in when you need them.

I've been told that weddings tend to bring out the best and the worst in people. This is completely correct. You learn things about people you simply never knew before-- and while there were a few disappointments, I can whole-heartedly say that I am more thrilled and in love with my best friends than I ever was before. The ones standing up there with me (and a couple of adorable usherettes who tended to me in my most freaked out minutes before walking down the aisle) were truly the people who I know I can trust.

I am so unbelievably lucky!! Now, if I can just get some auditions...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I felt the same way about my wedding...I was sick with exhaustion by the time it came around, but when I walked down the aisle, all of that went away! It's amazing, isn't it? =)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy it all went well! Congratulations! There is a certain amount of relief and reflection that comes afterward. For me, it was sort of like a dream that I kept trying to remember little details about in the weeks afterward. I just couldn't believe it was all over when it ended!

And whoo boy! does it ever bring out the funny in people! The Best and the Worst for sure! The right people come through in the end though :-)

Jessica said...

you are so right, Lisa!

Completely Coloratura said...

Congratulations, Jessica! Glad it went well. =)

Jayme said...

Welcome back dearest! Can't tell you how many times my thoughts have wandered back to my weekend in Baltimore and witnessing your glorious wedding and non-stop smile. The biggest tragedy is how fast it all comes and goes. You have to depend on the pictures, speaking of which, I have plenty of cute ones if you want me to pass them along. Loved hanging out with the Hanel and Ennis women too...Love you!