Friday, October 10, 2008

Good news

We got SO many branches glued last night!!! I was so proud of the effort of my mom and Joe and I-- although, when Drew brought them over, I thought I was totally screwed because they were not the right color, and looked somehow fresher, greener and less brown and dead than I wanted them to be, so that they would fit with my color scheme. I was on the verge of making my mom drive me to Walmart so that we could get spray paint and make them dark brown like I wanted. Oh yeah, that would've been dumb. But by the time we'd made this decision it was already getting late, and I would have felt bad calling in reinforcements at that hour-- Ms. T had volunteered her services. The other scare is that, well, we didn't have enough branches and need to order more. Which means I may not have them in time for the branch gluing party I was planning on Sunday night. Sighhhh.

I got some very sad news yesterday about someone in my immediate family who won't be able to come to the wedding, and the heavy sad feeling has carried over til today, I'm afraid. I'm trying to get myself together so that I don't bomb at rehearsal tonight. When I woke up this morning it was as if I hadn't slept at all, even though I got 8 full hours of sleep! So, I brought my score today, to go over my blocking. I will overcome this feeling!!!! I will rock it out tonight even if it kills me!! I will not let me issues affect my voice, even though when I tried to practice last night I sounded like a bleating sheep. :)

Tomorrow is the Baltimore Marathon, which means we are basically trapped in our neighborhood because of the street closures. I PRAY that I can get out in time to go to the wedding I have to sing for!

But it IS Friday, whatever other problems we all may have, and the weekend is here!!

No comments: