Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday

My my. I am an awfully good little blogging girl these days! Not much to report, really, except that I am enjoying this week, and the complete lack of a real schedule, a nice change, really.

Last night, we grilled burgers and had possibly the best three ears of corn ever grown by mankind, along with some parmesan garlic oven fries. The slight restlessness I feel due to the fact that, well, I don't know what to do with myself when I have five minutes in which nothing has been scheduled, has given way to a lot of boredom-induced cooking experiments. Most have been successful, and tonight, we try a spicy cheese grits recipe. I am most certainly a grit girl. I could eat grits, mashed potatoes, risotto, or any combination of the three all day long, every single day. If only I were an ancient Roman with a serviceable vomitorium, this might be a feasible way to live life.

I do feel the mild tug of a little bit of wanting to go to Wolf Trap and see some opera. But it is so hot and we are so comfortable at home, and I need to get the arias polished for my recording. And Susan has brought me a bottle of wine (something white and delicious from France) that is calling me.

No comments: