Thursday, October 08, 2009

Thursday

I love Thursdays, and I can't really explain why. It's just a delightful day. It helps when the weather is beautiful. The only thing that's bringing me down today is that I am SO broke with a capital B. I need this to stop happening, but hello, when all those application fees start dropping, I am just living on a prayer. But I'm not going to starve (so much good stuff in the freezer), and I have lots of great nail polish colors, and I'm getting pretty good at self-manicures. Oh, and I have plenty of wine, so really...what more does a girl need?

I find that while I do love to shop and go to nice dinners, like most girly-girls I know, being kind of financially close to the edge is a familiar feeling for me, since it was how I grew up, how I spent college and grad school, and well, even sometimes in the present! I wouldn't say it's a comfortable feeling, by any means, in fact, a lot of times it downright sucks, but I have to say that I really KNOW how to stretch a meal. I learned from the master: my mother.

In other news, the pollen situation is making my top notes feel a little ick, and things are scratchy and weird in there. Isn't it ironic that we of course have to have auditions during pollen-a-rama? But on the other hand...Fall is here! we get to eat pumpkin things, and watch large men running and jumping on each other in football games, and watch the leaves pile up in our yards, and I couldn't be more excited.

2 comments:

JRD said...

Your posts are always so cute, and your header's way cool.

Best wishes,

OC

Jessica said...

Thanks for the love, OC...added you to my links!