Monday, May 03, 2010

Monday

I am not one of the many who are depressed by rain. I like it. I feel more solitary walking in the rain under an umbrella than when it is sunny, and I like to be alone. It gives me time to think about things.

Last night's performance made me really happy, actually. I felt like I was really able to be in the moment while singing, instead of editing and judging myself as I went along. It's nice to have a break from the inner judge, if only for ten or eleven minutes. And I figure, if I could do it last night, I can do it all the time, which will be my goal for every upcoming performance.

We have met the enemy and he is us.

1 comment:

alexis said...

I haven't seen you in frev, but I was catching up on your blog and this post really rang true with me. Word, Jessica. Sing in the moment. I mean, why the hell are we musicians to begin with? Let's do this. Let's emote and put forth our craft, for better or worse.