Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday

Okay, well, my weekly voice rest day was a little bit fabulous yesterday. I tried to take my mom to Pazo for a late Mother's Day dinner, but the bastards were closed for an "event." So we walked over to Cinghiale, where we polished off a bottle of chardonnay and were treated to complimentary prosecco, had an unbelievable meal, splurged on dessert, and they comped those too! Maybe they know who I AM. To quote some of our distinguished faculty.

It was lovely.

So now, it is time to get back into shape for my lesson domani, and rehearsal and audition next week. And I feel like I can do that now that I have wined and dined...I rewarded myself. :)

The Tudors was painful this week, what with the blood and gore. But we are onto the next wife, I believe. Get it, Henry.

And, in true stream-of-consciousness fashion, I have to say, I have a love/hate relationship with Twitter. You know, it is like I have even less valuable things to say to the whole world in that medium than I do in this one, and I guess I find myself frequently annoyed or even downright angry at the things people sometimes tweet. However, the one person I will never regret following is Deepak Chopra. I cannot say how many times one of his tweets has changed my entire outlook on a day. Between Chopra and Puccini and Verdi and Mozart and cooking and angry hip-hop and the Real Housewives of New Jersey I am maintaining a modicum of a form of sanity. Here's my favorite DC tweet from yesterday:

"I am beneath or above no one. When I am independent of the good or bad opinions of others, I stand strong in my own divine power."

No comments: