Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday

Another week is beginning. And I can't believe I am as optimistic as I am! I think it had a lot to do with all the fun I had this weekend with lots of great people and some fantastic music at a friend's wedding.

No one could deny that I have some really remarkably skilled singers as friends, and this weekend I feel like I had the chance to really revel in their fabulousness. I love singing with talented people-- one of the major reasons why opera is such a rush in the first place! All of that balls-to-the-wall wailing really turns me on...ooh ahh.

I felt great about my own collaboration with Joe and it seemed well-received. I guess, to sum it up, it was just one of those experiences that reminds one why we chose singing in the first place: Because, despite the stress of preparing a performance to suit my rather high standards for my self, it is so damn fun, and I absolutely love it.

No comments: