1. Do set your alarm clock fifteen minutes earlier even though it is painful.
2. Do not hesitate to ask your husband to make you coffee, even if it means he has to get up as early as you...now is not the time for selflessness.
3. Plan ahead by packing a very serviceable but sadly not at all tasty peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread because your stomach is sure to start growling half way through that second rehearsal.
4. Screw blowdrying. A neat ponytail is just fine.
5. Opaque black tights: warm, slimming, and go with absolutely everything I own. Also, all black is the best policy when pressed for time. I just don't have the energy sometimes to try to mix and match and wearing color stresses me out.
6. Avoid mother-in-laws when first arriving home from long day, as things might accidentally slip out of your mouth that you do not mean. Or maybe you do mean them. Either way.
7. Best technique for avoiding saying the wrong thing is just to immediately stuff mouth with food upon walking in the door. Cookies, chips, whatever is there. Although what I really wanted was a grilled cheese.
8. Last and very most important aspect of post intense day recovery: wine. And a lot of it.
Thank you. Goodbye.