Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday has come again

My sister was on a show on the Style Network last night called "Chicagolicious," and I am still kind of wide-eyed and giggly about how she was really on the show!  Like a lot!  She was a big part of the episode.

Well, at least one member of the family is having some impact on the world at large.

In other news, in case you hadn't noticed, it's a rough day at work and the only thing I can think about right now is the pasta I'm planning to make for dinner tonight.  And the wine I'm going to need to drink.  And reading more of the amazing Diana Vreeland memoir I started this weekend.  I will put it in the book links-- this is a must read!!! She was such a fascinating woman with real chic.

One thing I've been doing during the work day that makes me feel connected to my singer self, even when I'm overwhelmed with work, is to listen to my lessons on my i-pod while working.  It's absolutely astounding how much I forget from a two hour lesson and how important the refresher is!  It's truly the only way I can really get my money's worth for those lessons!  Next, I'm moving on to coachings, etc.  I hate listening to my voice, but it is making it painfully obvious what my weaknesses are and what I need to focus on.

Tomorrow is my four year anniversary with Joe!  The marvelous, the miraculous.  He is taking a break from practicing so that we can go out for a nice dinner.

Happy Wednesday, singers!

No comments: