Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday always comes!

So yesterday after work, I took advantage of the warmer weather, got my leggings and my tennies on and went out for my usual Monday night long walk, sadly without Mr. S, who was otherwise engaged last night.  However, it was really fabulous to put on my earbuds and listen to my voice lesson again from Saturday.

First of all, I have one of those teachers whose analogies are wildly off-the-cuff and usually hilarious, so I got another good laugh out of it last night, in addition to the vocal pearls of wisdom.

It felt so good to be outside, and maybe I was just in a good mood or something, but as I listened to myself sing, I noticed that I have truly improved.  I wasn't cringing to listen to myself, and I noticed many good things instead of hating what I heard.  Which, to be honest, is surprising, based on the experience I had ten days ago, and the darkish place to which it plunged me.

I wore myself out with that walk, and came home and heated some up of my delicious freezer food (Mac and cheese muffins...hey...I earned it) for dinner and drank some wine, and worked on my latest sewing project.  I'm working on refashioning some inexpensive pants I bought on Ebay-- a totally therapeutic and super fun endeavor.

Here's to a great Tuesday.


No comments: