Thursday, June 05, 2008

getting up on the wrong side of the bed


This morning, I woke up feeling icky and hot. So I started drinking coffee, and that made it worse, and so did taking a shower.

Then I felt myself starting to escalate into this mental state in which I started to worry!!! gasp. about rehearsal tonight, about how I look, about THINGS in general.

And I had to just grab myself by the hair and yank myself back to being, well, thankful and optimistic...which isn't as quick and easy sometimes as I would like it to be. But it's getting easier. And even without the aid of vodka!

So guess what happened then?

I got to work, and D., who works in an adjoining office, brought me a big vase of pink peonies from his garden! My favorite flower!!! Here they are, smelling good and reminding me that I have absolutely NOTHING to be in a bad mood about. Not a thing.

1 comment:

Completely Coloratura said...

Your life sounds like a whirlwind lately. Glad things are going well. =)