Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tired and broke but happy

Sunday is not usually one of my favorite days. For many reasons.

a) an underlying feeling of dread because I have to go back to work the next day
b) getting up really early for church and singing for four hours straight, after which I'm usually totally spent, and can only manage to lay on the couch afterwards.

But this weekend it was great. At church, I got to collaborate with a friend who played the piano and we did some really kick-ass anthems. Then!!! We went to Wolftrap to see the Candide in concert with Jason Alexander, and, of course, fellow blogger ACB!

It was fantastic. Thank god we sprung for indoor seats-- because there was some major rain that night-- but we had so much fun. It was cool to see "George" onstage singing! and being all theater-y, and the rest of the cast was great too...I just freaking love Candide. I really do.

Last night, it seems my voice was back to normal after a week of some serious hormonal freaking out, and so the aria went well, and most everything else did too.

Life is good.

No comments: