Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday

3 days til opening!
3 days til Joe comes home!

The wedding? I can't bring myself to think about it right now. Sorry.

Yesterday was undoubtedly one of the longest of my life. We ran the show, and then we teched it, and there was some serious waiting in between while they did tech for Suor. Thank goodness, the director released T and I so that we could go to the mall in the interim...which helped a lot. That is one heck of a mall they have over there. I love Pennsylvania. All the Schicchi girls (four of us) are sharing a dressing room, and the other two are also in Suor Angelica, so we brought back dinner for the girls, and all sat around the dressing room gabbing. T and J both have kids, and they were regaling J and I with their dreadful stories of labor and childbirth. I become ever more convinced that that whole scene is just not for me. Wow.

At any rate, tech tends to provide a whole other level of bonding, and we've all really started to feel like a cast.

I love my costume-- it makes me feel like a Renaissance princess, even though, it seems, I am the dowry-less bourgeois daughter of a kind of criminal. It's hot inside all that silk, though, and whenever I see the nuns walking by, I think that it looks like a pretty great set up: a couple layers of robes and a cord around your waist.

I didn't get back til 11:15 last night, and I feel like a couple more hours of sleep could really be in order, but here I am, faithfully at my desk. If I could fall asleep in bed the minute I get home, it would be great, but I just can't do it. I need some popcorn, or some TV and whatever else before I can be ready for bed. Tonight will be really fun-- a Sitz with the orchestra! I'm so excited to just stand there and sing.

No comments: