Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today I'm better

Yesterday, I felt like I was falling apart, and began to wonder what exactly was wrong with me...like maybe I had mono or something, since I've been one hundred percent exhausted and sick feeling for the past three-four days. But today, I'm so much better, and I feel like I can be in control of my life again. Maybe it was the aftermath of the weekend. Yes, I think it was.

In other news, life goes on, and it's three weeks til the wedding.

In other, other news, I'm hoping against hope I get some auditions out of all the applications I've sent out: something like 17. Geez. I know they got them, because I'll be darned if they haven't started cashing my checks, don't you know. It's the worst form of torture to wait around for all those checks to go through, really just crossing your fingers you have the money in your account when it happens! I appreciate, however, all the companies that cash them right away, because it saves me a lot of heartache.

My first audition of the season was very enlightening. It was in one of New York's most infamously dry venues. Unforgiving, shall we say? Yes. I sang my heart out in my first piece, trying not to push to crazily in order to hear myself. Then, the auditor asked what else I had brought to sing. I recited my list, and as I did so, I realized how silly one of the choices must sound in light of how and what I had just sung. I knew he wouldn't choose it because it just sounded so utterly silly on that list. So, I have some Mozart work to do. Zerlina is just not for me at this moment in time. I came home at lunch and sang Countess stuff. It feels good, but I wouldn't put it on a list without a lot of work with GC and TH, so back to the drawing board.

No comments: