Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday= Weekend in sight

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. It's ridiculous. I just think it will be full of fun things, and even though we know that staying in the present moment is best, a little anticipation is awesome. As a good friend said to me just this afternoon: " I need a martini RIGHT NOW!" I agree. It would get the party started. :)

Tonight, I am going to the grocery store and then having girls' night in with myself because I am exhausted. I will open a bottle of wine with myself, and watch Sex and the City for hours with myself. I love being alone but it has been a long week without seeing much of my hard-working husband who is also currently preparing for a performance this weekend. But I console myself with my aunt's classic saying: there is nothing worse for a marriage than spending too much time together. So, if that's the case, then we are going to have one heck of a solid bond. :)

Tomorrow, my fellow singers for an upcoming gig are coming over to discuss our little staging, and I am making (read: attempting to make) cinnamon rolls for them. They deserve it. Oh boy, I am nervous. I hope they come out okay.

Sunday-- I look forward to the always interesting succession of church jobs, and each interesting situation that arises...then, off to Joe's performance and the champagne reception after. I don't know which I am looking forward to more: his mellifluous playing or the champagne. I think we are both actually pretty stoked for the champagne. Then, when we get home, my sister Rachel will have arrived. I am really excited. It will almost make it seem as though the worst week of the semester were not beginning on Monday! Yes-- this weekend is much like my last meal before execution. Not for a week and a half will I be able to think straight, starting monday. Good thing I've mostly learned my part for my gig!

It is so very cold and all I can think about is the roasted potatoes with bacon I'm making for dinner and the couch and my little cats...and how nice it would be if working fireplaces weren't outlawed in rental properties in Baltimore. But it's okay. I've got my wine to keep me warm.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Best of luck to your man friend at his performance! You and he never advertise your performances enough for your fans! :)

Jessica said...

Yes, I suppose we are bad at that... *slaps own hand*

Love you Ms. Z!!!