Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday

What a fun day yesterday was-- lunch with Ms. N, dinner with a couple of my other favorite people (they know who they are!), and now I'm back to work wearing plum-colored tights. So it's a good day. I'm excited for the weekend, too, with the exception of the moderate dread I feel about the church music I desperately need to learn for Sunday...this is one of the downsides of being a soloist. You have to really WORK for your money! :) Tomorrow, audition, and then I am looking forward to spending some time with my mom afterward. Now that we don't live in the same city, it's harder to make it happen, so I appreciate it more. Saturday, I'm judging a competition for high school singers, which I'm really excited about.

When I am having those waves of self-doubt that come up every once in a while, or things are getting dramatic in my family, or you name it is getting me down, I pretty much can only muster the energy to curl up on the couch and watch endless seasons of Sex and the City. I get in a place where I just don't want to be social. But if the past couple days have taught me anything, it's that while being alone sometimes is important, spending time with the people I love and trust is way better, and even if it's hard to get to that point of actually making the plans, it's important to do, because FUN is important! You would think I would have learned this by now. FUN is important!

So now I am in the mood to go dancing. If only that whole singing thing didn't require being impossibly fresh, gorgeous and well-rested and hydrated! One of these days, though, I am going to throw caution to the wind and stay out nearly all night like I used to, just being my crazy, pre-singing self.

No comments: