Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday

I've got some free time, I seem to develop the uncontrollable urge to do one of two things: Shop or eat. Either way, it is consumption that I certainly DO NOT need to engage in at this particular juncture. Can I get an amen? What with that latest BGE bill for August: AKA HOTTEST MONTH ever, I am kind of broke.

That's okay. It's a good thing I don't have a lot of free time.

At any rate, my latest weapon in the fight against eating and shopping has been yoga. On Saturday, while the hubs was out of town for a gig, and I was faced with a miraculous free Saturday with NOTHING in it, I signed up for a Yoga Nidra workshop. It was a fantastic way to spend 90 minutes, with 50 minutes of it consisting of deep meditative relaxation. I mean... really? This was FREEEEEE???? So fabulous.

Then after that, I got to go to dinner with one of my favorite people. When I was getting ready, I did the ever familiar "What in the hell do I have to wear to this outing" dance. The answer was not great. I ended up in: you guessed it: a black dress with black tights and scarf. Boring.

So, the moral of this story is, maybe sometimes you do need to go shopping. And especially if you have nothing to wear.

1 comment:

Mendel Markel, www.classicalvocals.com said...

amen!

Yoga and singing actually have some in common. I think yoga also has a la lotta vocale sort of push pull around a strong core. Also the exercises that are aimed at getting you to do something that ultimately can only be done subconsciously. Not that I know that much about yoga or anything.