Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Wednesday: Over-Correcting

When someone shows you who they are the first time, believe them. (Maya Angelou)

Words to live by. Words that I have not been following as closely as I should be. I have endeavored to stop making excuses for myself, why do I make excuses for others? When I see a glimpse of goodness and want to believe in someone, I forget about all the meanness.

So I've realized, I think it is possible to over-correct in the journey to non-judgement and acceptance. Especially as a professional singer, and when it comes to others you choose to work with. There is NO reason, NONE to work with someone who doesn't respect us, and all the things that we went through to get to where we are. I'm not going to allow it, and neither should you.

No jerks allowed. The last thing young classical singers need is negativity.

No comments: