Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday

They say that being grateful for what you have is the quickest route to getting where you want to go. Sometimes it’s easier than other times to feel grateful. In fact, sometimes my brain is just a minefield of pathetic victimhood. In that moment the only thing that can pull me out of feeling bad is feeling bad enough that it makes me not want to feel bad any more. Then I just say: I’m done with feeling bad, and I’m not going to do it any more. I’m going to change what I can change, or just decide to be okay with where I am right now. And then ten minutes later, you’re fine.

But today I am really grateful. I’m grateful for my family (Joe, Pete, Mimi, and so many friends that are family too), and for the fact that by some miracle I’ve been able to afford two coachings and two lessons in a month and feel very on top of my sh*t, I’m grateful that I currently (and this may change tomorrow) have the courage to say it’s okay to keep working really hard at being a singer, even if it may never make me any money.

Also, maybe it’s always easier to be grateful on Friday.

No comments: