Wednesday, June 04, 2008

June 4

Looking back, I'm know this will be a summer I'll remember fondly for several reasons...

- auditions, auditions and more auditions
There is no underestimating the confidence I've gained in the past few months with the sheer volume of singing I've done, and getting good feed-back helped too. I can't believe I ever spent any time doubting whether I should pursue something I love so much. I have lots of work to do, don't get me wrong, and I'm still not convinced I've got the perfect audition dress, but it's exciting stuff, you know?


- Sex and the City Movie
Last night, in a movie theater full of women, I watched it for the first time. I'll be going back to the theater for more. All the haters can hate-- I love this movie and the message that you get from it. I cried sooooo much. It reminded me that there is absolutely no reason to tone myself down, or do anything other than exactly what I want-- to completely embrace being happy-- on exactly my terms, and no one else's. For that reason, I think I'll need to watch the movie once a month for maintenance. It also made me really miss some people...and call them last night crying! :)

- getting ready for the wedding
When I got back yesterday, I made a lunch appointment with Drew to talk about his day-of wedding coordination services, and I know he'll be as picky a bitch as I would be...then, I finalized some details of the invites, and am completely motivated to get started on all the crazy details. YAY.

- and last but not least, learning SO much about how to be a better Jessica...there are several books and people that have helped me, each a miraculous kind of next step up. Right now Eckhart Tolle is helping me synthesize all of them into a whole: a real picture of what life can be.

No comments: