Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The first rehearsal freak out

Mine is in two weeks. And I am absolutely freaking.

Christmas was frenetic, but good. I tried to work on the music and practice, but when you've got crazy relatives running in and out of your house, and you've got to drive to Ohio and visit for three days, it becomes difficult. I righteously brought the score for the purpose of drilling recits. And some of that did in fact take place, due to the fact that there was not much drinking involved in the Ohio visit.

The last two days in NYC were bliss, eating, walking, seeing shows (including RENEE: she was fabulous), and I returned home to find an email announcing first rehearsal tidings.

You've heard this from me before. It's becoming more of a tradition than I would like to admit. But a person's first Donna Elvira is a little intimidating, if I may say. Yes, I always pull it together in time. But there is a lot of kicking and screaming and gnashing of teeth in the process.

I will also be sleeping with the score underneath my pillow, just in case.

No comments: