Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday, part deux

Can we talk about something not even slightly singing related? But nevertheless a bit dorky. I wouldn't blame you if you stopped reading right now.

The Tudors.

Every Monday, I giddily run home for lunch, throw something in the microwave, and plop down to watch as much of the previous evening's episode I can squeeze in before running back to work. Sigh. It is painful to think that the series will soon be over. I mean, Catherine Howard is about to be strung up, or beheaded or whatever, and it seems, by my calculations, we have only one wife to go. Jonathan Rhys Meyers couldn't be hotter, and the show is as titillating a way to brush up on one's history as I can think of-- applicable to my life, I suppose, because I am technically Anglican. My cousin thinks I am the weirdest one she has ever met, as I also believe in reincarnation. But hey. Henry the eighth had a lot to do with all those motets I sing every week...there I go with the singing again. Jesus.

Then, at the end of last week's riveting and extremely sexy episode, I was delighted to see that the next dynastic Showtime offering currently in the works is THE BORGIAS!!!!!! Which will be even more fun because they were infinitely more evil, were catholic, and it is set in Italy! 2011, you cannot come too soon.

No comments: