Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday

Here it is Friday, already, and I've gone so long without writing. I was busy having fun, I guess! I am so thankful for the friends I have-- they are an amazing support system, and absolutely hilarious and fun to be around. They have been very carefully selected, and I am proud of my choices. :)

Next week I really have to kick myself into high gear to learn these new arias for the trial run next Sunday night. I have to be honest, with synagogue and an important audition the day before, and then church too, I'm a little nervous about A) having learned them thoroughly and B) being too tired to sing them well. They are all VERY HIGH. Actually, very rangy, in general. Which requires a lot of focused work to make it sound cohesive. So, I am saying no to all not previously scheduled fun things, because I have to stay home and practice the whole week. It will be really good for me to focus.

This morning, I woke up with a startling headache-- and no, it wasn't because I was hungover, people. I think it was the heat. It's ridiccccculously hot here, and the ceiling fan in my bedroom has been broken for over a week. I'm wondering when, if ever, the maintenance guy is coming to fix it. I still have the edges of this headache and I have to try really hard to be nice to people.

No comments: