Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Wednesday

Confrontation is SO hard for me, but when I take it upon myself to stand for something, I am always glad I did.

Tonight is my first voice lesson in months, and I am soooo excited. I'm excited for the drive (me time and music-listening), and to get my tune-up. Also, I usually indulge in fast food for dinner, which is a very rare guilty pleasure. Oh my goodness I am so excited.

Also, in Pennsylvania, they have these special potato chips made by people named Martin, in a white bag. They are impossible to find anywhere but this region of PA, and they are by far the most delicious chip I have ere tasted, maybe the most delicious food in general that I've ever eaten. So it's kind of the perfect storm of caloric in-take, which is why I only ate a very small lunch in preparation.

Oh, I'm singing Pamina tonight and looking at Alcina. Handel is so unbelievably good. I simply adore it, but am not really convinced it is a good fit for me at the moment. We shall see.

3 comments:

Mendel Markel, www.classicalvocals.com said...

How long did you train for initially and how often do you "tune up"? What do you do in between tune ups, just practice yourself? I've only been learning voice for a month and a half so I have a lesson a week and I'd like to increase to 2 a week soon.

Jessica said...

When I started, I went once a week, now, it is more "as needed." But I have to admit that if I had all the money in the world, I would go everyday!

Mendel Markel, www.classicalvocals.com said...

I know, i would do every day as well if I could afford it. How long did you do once a week for and at what point did your teacher decide you were ready to audition?