Friday, October 21, 2011

Frivolous Friday: here I go again

Okay, so I just read this very intriguing post on Tim Smith's blog.

And I'll be darned if I'm not inspired. The truth is, I won't be able to attend opening night of the new opera company here in Charm City because I've got another performance to attend, but you can bet I'll be dressed up for that.

I relish glamour, fun shoes, jewelry-- real or otherwise, and while I'm kind of of the school of thought that there is never a good reason NOT to look hot (okay, well, I'm not at my hottest in yoga class, admittedly), if there ever was a good reason, it's going out to hear something as fabulous as an opera. Why are we not waiting with bated breath for opportunities to wear our loveliest things? Why would we wear jeans or slorish clubbing clothing if we could wear dresses, suits, gorgeous shoes? I have a feeling that I'm preaching to the choir here, but, holy moly sometimes I question why...why...why would you wear that? To THIS? Is it a Jersey Shore Reunion? Are we at the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders try outs? Did we shop in the juniors section by accident again? There is no law against wearing a skirt that is at the knee or below. There is also no law against wearing the proper undergarments. Yes, spanx do kind of hurt, as do high heels, and wearing hose is not as pleasurable as say...eating an icecream cone. But how can you really appreciate your sweatpants if you never suffer a little for fashion?

No comments: