Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nothing like the rain to clear the air so we see again


Remember when I was in that dark place on Monday?  Well, Monday night I went to yoga, where we did lots of Kundalini style stuff and I have to tell you my abs are still killing me, but it completely shifted my mood.  

And this is a WONDERFUL article that is currently changing my life!  It talks about some of the things I've spent the last fifteen or so years fretting about, and backs up my claim that "reality" and "the odds" are irrelevant to my life as a singer.  Yes, I have a job to pay the bills while I need it, but other than that, people, you can find me taking lessons, taking buses, going to auditions, and basically following my dream.  Do what YOU want.  Do not allow the tick tock of the clock or the people who tell you what the odds are get you down.  Yes, if you had chosen being a doctor, you'd have more money...but if singing is what gives your life meaning, then, I celebrate you and your choice to do something very few people understand.  It won't be easy, but there will be moments of such utter joy and excitement that they will make up for everything else. 

Oh, and, sidebar: the next time you need a little fabulous early nineties peppy music, download Nothing Like the Rain by 2 Unlimited.  It's been a fantastically cheery addition to my ipod, and the lyrics ring oddly true.

In a weird way, the chord progression in the song reminds me of the old hymn:

There shall be showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need.
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

Let it rain.

No comments: