Friday, December 07, 2012

The Weekend

Tonight, we're starting on the Christmas tree. I think I'll make a nice dinner and then talk Joe into lighting a fire in the fireplace so we at least have ambience while we try to put the lights on-- always the worst part.  The ornaments will then become a long process.  I'll put several on whenever I have a spare half an hour, and eventually they will all be on the tree! 

Tomorrow morning I have rehearsal for concert no. 2 of the holiday season, and this one has a few more variables than all the others and a LOT more singing.  Last week was nerve-wracking because it was Bach, and with orchestra, but I only had to sing one piece.  This one is just me and a tenor, singing arias and duets and a few holiday things and hoping that we make it to the end of the 90 minute extravaganza in one piece.  I do, however, have a bright green dress and sparkly shoes, which should make up for any shortcomings in my singing, not that I plan on there being any.  :)

Next week will be the craziest week of the year so far, with work (its nuts this time of year), rehearsals, a trip to New York for an audition, a holiday get together, church, of course, and a concert.  It's exciting, and I'm not dreading it like I thought I would be.  Maybe I am finally learning the fine art of time-management-- a.k.a. you have to not schedule yourself back to back every second if you want to sing well.  You have to have time to eat, drink, and sit without talking. 

Have a wonderful weekend! 





No comments: