Monday, June 03, 2013

Weekend recap

It was a seamless and stress-free trip to NYC, and even more enjoyable because I am reading a fabulous book entitled Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.  It was recommended by friends who promised me it would be a page turner and indeed it is! 

I worked on some rep for an audition as well as my new bel canto stuff with my teacher and coach.  I had hoped to fit in a wonderfully cheap New York pedicure at my favorite place, Serenity Nails in Midtown, but there was no time!  My coach went over a bit with me (Lucky me!) and I had to high-tail it down town to catch the bus.  I did have just enough time to pick up two dark chocolate mousse-filled Ritter Sport bars on my way...mmm.  What a treat. 

The plan for yesterday after church was to spend the afternoon at the pool and then attend the concert, but I was feeling a bit under the weather, so it ended up being a very low key afternoon, especially since it rained!  So I made good use of the time by making bread and yogurt for the week.  I don't do very well with downtime...I have no idea what to do with myself.  I need to get help for that. :)

I've got that audition tomorrow!  Micaela, here I come.  Wish me luck!




No comments: