Friday, June 05, 2009

Friday

It's been a miserable couple of days out there, but in here, I have to say I've been having fun! I really enjoyed rehearsing for the concert tonight with a tenor friend and Joe, and there is a lot of joking and loud singing. Which I love so very much. There is only so much choral music and anthem singing one can take when one is supposed to be learning how to sing over an orchestra.

I am dutifully at my desk right now, but where I would love to be is at home with the BBC's Pride and Prejudice. Why? I don't know, and I don't even have my hands on a copy, but it seems like such a great way to spend this icky weather day, and put me in the right mood to sing some Countess.

Tomorrow, an audition for a new company, who really isn't doing any rep in which I could see myself a viable lead-- but there are plenty of secondary roles for voices like mine, so we will drive out there tomorrow and knock them dead. Ahhh comprimario singing...all the fun and none of the stress.

No comments: