Monday, August 03, 2009

Monday

What an insane weekend it was! I am barely recovered even now. I had the best time with Pierce, Nat, Mel, Shan, Joe, and the precious child. I love my friends. They are truly fabulous.

It was great seeing the newly-weds last night too!

This evening, it's time for a lesson-- and tomorrow night I embark on another recording adventure. My dreaded recording session each summer...and for some reason this time I am not nearly so nervous as usual. I will drink lots of water today and tomorrow, but beyond that, and not screaming or drinking to excess, there is nothing I can do. The CD will include, in no particular order (we'll see which turns out best!):

Donde lieta
Porgi, amor
Je dis que rien ne m'épouvante
Ah! fuggi il traditor
Měsíčku na nebi hlubokém
Kiss me not goodbye


Porgi, amor is the one that might not make it onto the recording...since I need that up-tempo Mozart, and Fuggi fills the bill so well, and is so blessedly short.

One might make a case for singing Mi tradi, or Dove sono in place of either of the two I mentioned above, but my thing is-- in auditions, if I'm not singing for the roles of Donna Elvira or the Countess, why not sing the more succinct of the options, they'll still know I can sing Mozart, either way.

In other news, I find myself wanting to write more and more about cooking... which is lame I know, when your blog is supposed to be about a soprano, not Top Chef. What to do, what to do...

No comments: