Monday, February 06, 2012

On the pleasure of knowing what you're doing (kind of)

I'm relearning Donna Elvira, for my second time around with this crazy beeyotch.

After being inspired by Madonna's ultimate fierceness last night at the half-time show, I was like, "AND NOW...I feel like singing some Donna Elvira!"

Listening to Don Giovanni this time was a different experience from the last time. It was more "THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC EVER" than "HOLY Sh**t, I am screwed." Because I know where all the pitfalls are and I've lived through them, and in front of a live audience, yet. And it was one of the most tiring and exhilarating experiences I've ever had, despite the fact that I was so worried about it that I couldn't sleep...but that's a story for another blog. I imagine it was a little like giving birth. Yeah, except minus the PAIN, I know...

If only this opera could include a large drum line and pom poms and egyptian soliders and a throne.

That being said, I still have my work cut out for me, getting it back into my voice and memory after three years, so exciting though.

And to brighten up your Monday, check out this young lady and her AWESOME outfit!

No comments: