Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday already?

The days have been flying by in a whirlwind of well, everything.  It's high competition and second audition season, and my day job has been more stressful than usual, add to that the planning of the concert honoring my teacher from undergrad, memorizing for a gig, and you quickly realize there are not enough hours in the day.  Also, I haven't been sleeping well, because my brain just can't stop thinking.

To be honest, I'm a bit concerned about my audition on Saturday.  I can sing, but physically I am very tired.  Hopefully I can sleep the whole way to New York and the whole way back!

I am looking for creative ways to raise money to pay for my trip to the semi-finals of the competition I'm doing in March.  My teacher has had some good suggestions, as she feels its an important one for me to do.  And the truth is, I cannot continue to let financial constraints get in my way of doing these big things.  Where there is a will there's a way, and I am going to figure this one out.  It isn't the first hard thing I've done and it certainly won't be the last.

A home stay is not an option offered by the committee, but I am thinking about asking for one-- as that would take care of a big part of the expense.  

In the meantime, I'll be trying to sock away a few bucks to get a head start on it, and I'll need to purchase my flight soon.

Woohoo!



No comments: