Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday

Oh the drama of it all.

So basically, I now have three auditions on Saturday, the latest of which I just found out about yesterday. And it is scheduled for 9:45 pm!!!!!!! I am freaking out a little, considering I have to be back home that night and at church the next morning at 8 am. Would I love to get a sub and skip church? Si. Would I love to just do the audition and stay over night in NY and have a leisurely breakfast and then take the train home the next day? Si. Can I afford to miss any church whatsoever during the season of Christmas presents and Holiday parties, and oh yes...CAR PAYMENTS??? NO. You can understand my level of concern. So I am waiting to hear back from the company in hopes that something can be done. It is not an audition I would consider not singing, either, as they are doing literally three shows chock full of rep that is right up my alley. Mainly, I am just glad I was offered an audition at all, so I am not complaining, believe you me.

I will spend today focusing on it all turning out just right, with me getting home in time to get enough sleep to sing straight tone high As with perfect intonation and gloriousness at 8 am.

Last night I am so pleased to say that I SCHEDULED my practice time, protecting it from all else, and really just got a LOT of work done on my upcoming role. It made me feel so much better and really just more relaxed having spent a few hours getting things going. Tonight will be more of the same, and teaching a new student! I am excited to meet her for the first time.

No comments: