Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday

There's been a lot of excitement this weekend, what with the big horse race, and the rapture, and book club and all. I was kind of hoping there'd be better follow-up reporting with the guy who said the lord was coming back Saturday evening, but it seems he isn't taking anyone's calls. Or maybe, he really was raptured.

Well, going to the Preakness for me is almost as good as going to heaven. There is food, hats, drinks, horses, a lot of hot outfits, some minor celebrities, and best of all, most of the men actually dress up too! It's lovely to see the guys get spruced up. Joe had the most lovely seer-sucker suit, and I was proud to be seen with him.

I was sad to say goodbye to the book we read! The 1000 Autumns of Jacob de Zoet is by David Mitchell, and really a great read. I have the weirdest feelings of sadness and grief when I am done a great book. It has, however, amped up my life-long wish to go to Japan. I reallllllyyy want to now.

I haven't got a lot to say. I'm boring, people. I wonder if my self-enforced week of detox (from alcohol and sugary food) and yoga will give me a lot of material to write about. I'm sure by Wednesday or Thursday, I will be back to my old mantra: Life is short, go crazy.

At any rate, it will be a long week.

No comments: