Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday

Okay, I can't believe I waited this long to take a yoga class!!! People, it was so hard at some points that I thought I was going to puke, but when it was done I felt amazing. The next day I woke up feeling like I'd been at the beach all week. And sore. But very relaxed.

You've heard me rant about how much I hate working out, and sadly, that hasn't changed. But when I thought about what I hate so much about it, it became clear why I liked yoga so much.

I don't know anyone. I don't have to chat. There is no blaring music. I am not running. There is no small talk to make. You can hear birds chirping because the windows are open. It is about self-acceptance instead of self-criticism.

Maybe it is a little weird how much I just want to be alone a lot of the time. But I also think that it may give me additional ability to really be with my friends when I choose to spend time with them. Like maybe the time I spend alone is time to get rid of all that white noise we have in our heads, and create space to focus on the people in our lives when the time comes to do that.

Being in a room full of people at a yoga class was a lot like being alone. I think I might be addicted.

No comments: