Thursday, July 05, 2012

Unleash your weapon of fashion, Singers!

I read this today in a fantastic blog called The Simply Luxurious Life, which frankly, is an inspiration, helping me to put my focus on what is important.

I've been thinking for a long time about writing a post on style and getting dressed, but couldn't come up with a way to say it that didn't sound like I was foisting my own ideas about style on all of you.  Thank goodness Shannon said it for me:

"Unleash Your Weapon of Fashion. Many critics argue that fashion and outer appearance should not be paid so much attention. That in fact fashion in general is a superficial hobby. As you would imagine, I wholeheartedly disagree. For women especially, but men too, how we adorn ourselves speaks to our inner self-confidence and speaks to our respect for ourselves without saying one verbal statement. Choose to speak in such a way that is uniquely your own – wear those heels even though your office mates may snicker. Wrap a fabulous statement belt around your waist even though none of your friends would have taken the risk. Be who you are and introduce yourself to the world with exuberance. Have fun with fashion, as it is a tool that is often underutilized."


I truly feel that dressing with care and intention in things you love and make you feel beautiful makes you stand out-- and all of us could use a little of that! 

2 comments:

Kim said...

I totally agree! I used to think fashion was superficial and useless but then I realized that it is a fantastic form of self-expression. But now I've embraced that and I love to explore fashion and my own sense of it. :)

Jessica said...

You have an awesome sense of style, Kim! Keep rocking it out!