Friday, August 17, 2012

The wonderful things about TODAY

Well, it's Friday.  Thursday was rough, in some ways, fantastic in others-- like a wonderful break-through with a student that reminded me what this whole music thing is all about: finding out that we CAN.

Tomorrow we leave for a week with my crazy, but truly wonderful aunts, uncles and cousins.  We'll be at the beach nearby, sharing a house and cooking for each other, there will be babies, kids, and I can only imagine because of my Russian cousin-in-law there will be some fun with vodka.  I am so looking forward to time with the people that understand me the best, see only the good things about me, and make me laugh.

So posting will be sparse, but if I'm really inspired by something that happens I might check in.  I have to admit that I am usually the most prolific when I am going through something bad.  Maybe you have noticed :), and I anticipate very little about this coming week being bad.

I thought I'd share my favorite things this week, since it's Friday!

1.  Freezer food: food I was smart enough to make lots of and put up in the freezer for weeks like this when I couldn't dream of having the emotional energy to cook anything, and we're too broke to go out! I mean, the meatballs and tomato sauce I made back during spring break was as fresh as the day I made it when we had it last night.  Do yourself a favor and start freezing everything.  It's a happy surprise in the form of a frozen block.  You can find the recipe for the meatballs here.  And the sauce is here. 
Another fantastic variation is the asian-flavored pork version: here. 

2.  Essie Tart Deco.  Looks lovely with your sunny summer tan. It's right here.

3.  Practicing.  The head space I've been in has influenced my mood, for sure, but I've been leaning on singing as a way to completely cleanse my mind and my body of all of the drama.  It takes me to a place where I can only be completely in the moment: the sensation of creating sound.  Pretty amazing stuff.  The next time you're disappointed, pissed off, worried, or stressed, get over yourself and go practice.  I'm telling you, it almost always helps.

4.  Fashion and uplifting lifestyle blogs give me a little boost of inspiration when I'm feeling a shopping craving coming on, without having to actually go out and shop (because it's summer and you know...).
Try these and see what you think:
The Simply Luxurious Life
The Pink Peonies
Atlantic-Pacific

Have a wonderful weekend!  All of you readers have been so supportive with the death of my teacher and, really throughout the life of this blog.  Thank you SO so much.






No comments: