Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Turmoil happens


It’s been a little tough to get a blog in edgewise this past week.  Life has been happening, stuff has been happening, at an alarming rate.  I have some singing this weekend, and lately it has seemed like dramas in life seem always to occur right before singing is supposed to be happening.  I’ll be in New York for a reading, then a recital on the weekend.  The drama in my life took a good three days out of my practice schedule and I resent it. 

There have been lots of social engagements with family and friends, that have helped to remind me what is important and not to sweat the small stuff, but still today I am left with the sense that I need a little time to heal.

I am looking forward to a night of going to the grocery store, cooking dinner, practicing, and maybe watching some of my new obsession: Breaking Bad.

This week has reminded me that taking time to rest is important.

No comments: